Keep It Green - York LLC - Recovery Homes
My Blog

Judgement Free

On a daily basis, Keep It Green staff people have the privilege of working with men and women of all ages, varieties, and backgrounds. It truly is a wonderful experience being able to work with so many different types of people while learning just as much from them as they do from staff and the program.

There is an ignorant belief that a drug addict or alcoholic is a bad person or that they selfishly hurt the people that love them the most without a care. Hopefully, with more awareness being spread on the disease of addiction, people will understand that a drug addicted or alcoholic person is not a "bad" person, they do not drink or use because they absolutely love their destructive life style, they drink or use because of a disease. A disease which they made no choice of having. Most people never dreamed of becoming a drug addict or alcoholic. Most people with addiction issues have the same dreams and goals as everyone else. I have yet to meet an individual that actually "planned" on becoming chemically dependent. The unfortunate thing is that when a person with an addiction actually realizes they have a problem with drugs or alcohol, they are usually very much involved with that lifestyle. But it is never too late to ask for help.

One of the most encouraging things about this disease is the amount of treatment options available. From impatient treatment centers to residential aftercare, from 12 step programs to  intensive therapy, there is a number of treatment options for an individual that wants help with the disease of addiction. This disease can be put at rest when a person is ready and willing to get help and change their behavior patterns.

Having the opportunity to work with so many different kinds of people on a daily basis, I am able to see the change in an individual once they get the help they need. I see people enter in to Keep It Green nervous, beaten up, alone, and I have the honor of watching them grow in to a full person that respects themselves. I have the privilege of watching people become givers with self respect and respect towards others. It truly is an astonishing miracle that Keep It Green staff is able to witness on a daily basis.

Yes, there are so many horrible things about the disease of addiction. Yes, it can tear families a part and destroy lives. Yes, it can be a very hopeless and scary cycle. But, when a person decides that want help with their disease of addiction, their lives can change. They are capable of becoming a person they have never been before. They can put their disease at rest. No other person is fortunate enough to be able to live two lives in one and a life in recovery can be beyond a person's wildest dreams.

Thanks for reading and never forget, you are not alone.

11 Comments to Judgement Free:

Comments RSS
Kylie Bradley on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 12:16 PM
Thank you very much. It is a bit finicky to read. We are always looking for new ways to improve our website. Your feedback is appreciated
Reply to comment

essaypro review on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 9:00 PM
People taking a certain amount of drugs or alcohol should never be judged, because we know nothing about these people. This does not mean that they are bad people, some just use it as their coping mechanism. Though this may cause our bodies to be ruined because of the effects that we will acquire. It is important to seek help if we ever find ourselves abusing these substances, being able to acknowledge our problem with it is a big step forward to a life that has better things in life. If we have friends or families who are experiencing this, we should look out for them as much as we could and be a support system that they need.

2Oceans Recovery House on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:26 AM
It is so easy for people to judge someone else and think that they are "bad" because they have a substance abuse problem. Yes, its true no one in their right mind chooses to be addictive and destroy their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Thank you for taking the time to right this article and pointing it out.
Reply to comment

cherylkimblog on Monday, December 28, 2015 5:33 AM
For a long time I was depressed. I did not go out of the house (the work of the writer for http://britishessayforme.com/ allowed to do so). I began to hoard their problems and just plunge into them with his head. It seemed to me that alcohol is a way out for me. Thanks to people like you, who understand that sometimes circumstances add up like this ...
Reply to comment

Harley Handyman on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 6:27 AM
Hey there, I should say it was a truly incredible journey for me when I checked out this web site. I just wished to compliment you upon the quality of your work and to send you bon chance with it as you develop down the road. It was a pleasure to browse this website and I will probably be stopping by again soon to find how you are progressing. All the best and I will see you back here again soon - Harley Handyman
Reply to comment

"Jody Mccoy" on Friday, April 27, 2018 6:32 AM
Cricet Match.
Reply to comment

professional dissertation help on Sunday, April 29, 2018 8:02 AM
I have read soo much about the same issue and i Have seen myself those horrible after effect of this disease. Thank you for sharing
Reply to comment

Colonhub on Friday, May 04, 2018 10:57 AM
Absolutely right,people are not bad,just it need to bring little change in thinking.That's true you learn a lot from different kind of people but it is mainly dependent on us too.
Reply to comment

yami on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:02 AM
Nice
Reply to comment

https://showboxsave.com on Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:00 AM
The free showbox is now with the showbox apk which is available on the site given.
Reply to comment